There are days when you need something sweet, and we thought this was perfect when we didn't have much in the house. This mainly uses products that you will have in your cupboard and fridge.
- 2 cans pear halves in juice
- 190g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 190g caster sugar
- 225g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Drain the cans of pears and lay them, flat side down, on the bottom of the dish.
3. Put all of the ingredients into a bowl.
4. Mix together!
This is honestly one of the most amazing tasting chocolate cake batters ever!!
5. Pour the chocolate batter over the pears and spread it out, its okay if some of the pear is poking out! 6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then leave to cool.7. Serve with ice cream, or a chocolate sauce! It would be great with my chocolate peanut sauce (do pears and peanuts go? Only one way to find out!)
Let me know how it turns out of you try it, and if you do, send a photo on twitter or facebook!