I love sweet cocktails. They don't taste of alcohol so they go down very easily.
Fuzzy Navel, orange and peach, in cupcake form! They have quite a boozy hit to them.
Makes 18 cupcakes
- 110g butter
- 225g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 60ml peach schnapps
- 50ml orange juice
- 200g self raising flour
- 75g plain flour
- 60g butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 40ml peach schnapps
- 20ml orange juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line two muffin trays with 18 cupcake cases.
2. Cream the butter for as long as you can with a fork, or an electric whisk.
3. Add the sugar, mix.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the orange juice and peach schnapps.
5. Sift in the flour in and mix again.
6. Put a tablespoon of batter into each cupcake case.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. While the cakes are cooling, start to make the icing. Cream the butter until it is pale and fluffy.
9. Carefully stir in the icing sugar. The icing will be very thick. Then add the peach schnapps and orange juice.
10. When your cakes are cooled, decorate them with the icing, either piping it on, using a palate knife or a regular knife!
11. To decorate the cupcakes I added glitter cherries and flying saucers (retro treat for a retro cocktail).
I hope you enjoy them!