Carrot cake is lovely. When we lived in Dubai, we would go for lunch at a cafe called The Lime Tree Cafe, and we could never go there without ordering a piece of carrot cake, either to eat there or take home. It was a good day when there were 3 boxes in the fridge with slices of carrot cake in!
So after not seeing any carrot cupcakes around, I decided to make some of my own :)
These were yummy cupcakes, but I messed up the icing, so I haven't put pictures of the iced cakes up.
- 175g light brown sugar
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 300g full fat cream cheese
- 50g icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a muffin tray with 12 cupcake cases.
2. Add all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix together.
3. Spoon the mix into the cases, and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
4. While the cakes are in the oven, mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together. I decided to beat mine in a mixer, then it went really runny, so just gently mix it in a bowl by hand.
5. When the cakes have cooled, decorate with the icing.
Okay, here is a little picture of the cakes with icing and a sprinkling of glitter. I don't think the glitter made the cakes look any better unfortunately!