These cupcakes were really nice, and very easy to do!
The nicest touch to these was that they had everyone's names on, in white chocolate letters :)
I also added some red butterflies for a bit of contrast, and to match the red cases that the cupcakes were in. You can get the cutters here.
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 150g self-raising flour (or 150g all-purpose flour plus 1 tsp baking powder)
- 12 fresh raspberries
- 75g butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a muffin tray with 12 cupcake cases.
2. Cream the butter for as long as you can, meaning mix it with a fork or a whisk, until it is pale and fluffy.
3. Add the sugar, mix. Then add the raspberry jam and mix
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Sift in the flour in and mix again.
6. Half fill the cupcake cases, then put a raspberry into the middle of each case, then pour more cupcake mix over the raspberries until the cases are about 2/3 - 3/4 full.
7. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
8. While the cakes are cooling, start to make the icing. Cream the butter until it is pale and fluffy.
9. Carefully stir in the icing sugar and vanilla extract.
10. When your cakes are cooled, decorate them with the icing, either piping it on, using a palate knife or a regular knife! I then added the names and the butterflies.