It would be really easy to sit there and eat all of the lasagne without sharing it with anyone else. Its THAT good. This was the first meal that my boyfriend had cooked me, I had never had it before and had no clue what it would turn out like! However, his food has never disappointed me and this was amazing :)
Sausagemeat or sausage meat? I'm not sure which one is right, I think sausagemeat looks right, but my spell checker doesn't agree!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350g sausagemeat
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic (i use garlic from a squeezy tube, otherwise use about 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped)
- 250g mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 bag spinach (you can use more if you want)
- 300ml crème fraiche
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (you might need 2 cans depending on how big your lasagne dish is)
- 2 tbsp tomato purèe
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- Lasagne sheets
- Grated cheese (I use mature cheddar cheese)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
2. Soak the lasagne sheets in a big bowl of water.
3. Add 1 tbsp of oil to a frying pan, add the minced turkey and brown.
4. When the turkey is almost completely brown, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms, then the spinach.
6. When the spinach has wilted down, add the crème fraiche and stir together.
7. In a separate pan, heat the other tablespoon of olive oil and the garlic.
8. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purèe, herbs and seasoning.
9. You now want to start layering it all up. The first layer is the turkey, then pasta sheets, then a thin layer of the tomato ragu. Repeat this order until you have 2 or 3 layers, obviously it depends on how thick your layers are and how big your dish is.
10. Top with grated cheese and put it in the oven for 20-30 minutes
|Cover with cheese!|