Monday, March 19, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes

So the birthday celebrations are still carrying on, 3 days later!!
Last night I was surprised (again) with another cake from my boyfriend's housemates!

My Aunt made me some cupcakes for my birthday, with purple and orange swirled butter icing!
They did get a bit squashed with all the travelling that they did yesterday.
I'm eating one as I'm writing this, and they are yummy!!


I don't know what recipe my Aunt used, but this is the recipe that I use for vanilla cupcakes.
It should make 12 cupcakes.

Recipe:
For the cake:
- 125g butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder

For the icing:
- 90g butter
- 150g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cream the butter and caster sugar together until it is pale and fluffy. (I normally do this with a fork).
3. Add the vanilla extract and one egg, mix well, then add the other egg and mix again.
4. Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl, then gently fold them together with a spoon.
5. Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases, and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
6. When the cakes, have finished baking, take them out of the oven and leave them to cool.
7. For the icing, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy.
8. Gradually mix the icing sugar into the butter, then add the vanilla extract. If the icing is too thick to spread, add a splash of milk. 
9. When the cakes are completely cooled, either spread the icing on or pipe it on to the cupcakes.

Look how cute the box that my cupcakes came in is!!

Zoe x

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...